Much has changed since 140 businessmen got together in November 1947 and decided to build a “Business Men Club.” The first president was James L. McCormick. Along with him, 221 charter members got the club off to a roaring start. A newspaper article dated June 25, 1950 states “a man would have to travel a long way to find a more plush, efficiently run city club than the Amarillo Club.” That holds true today.
Now, more than 850 Amarillo Club members enjoy a fantastic view as they wine and dine on the 30th and 31st floors of the FirstBank Southwest Tower in the heart of downtown Amarillo. For more than 70 years, the Amarillo Club has been the destination for romantic evenings, life event celebrations, business meetings, civic organizations and much more.